Time

So there's this new theory of how we all have this concept of "I don't have time' while we in fact do have quite a bit of time we don't utilize and spend it in being lazy. Well, although it might be true in quite a bit of cases, in my life, you really do not want to try and apply that theory (And I'm writing this because a few people have tried to). Why not?

Here's the precise list of where my time is going to be spent until 18 Dec 2015. Also what it generally looks like unless college is on break. If you think there's time to be spared in there, go ahead and point it out. But know, every single minute being spent on anything here is because I want to. So there is no point in trying to substitute anything. Not unless you can make a very compelling argument as to - why?
 
Lets start with mornings (this is by the week) :

Morning tea, getting ready, nitnem (for the day)  - 13 hrs
Commute (only to and from work and college) - 8 hrs
Cooking & eating - 21 hrs
Work and College - 54 hrs
College projects and reading - 4 hrs (mind you, most student with A's spend way more time on this)
Cleaning & organizing - 10 hrs (which include running errands, groceries & laundry)
Gardening - 5 hrs ( which is a 1000 times less then what I want)
Dilruba practice - 2 hrs
Sleeping - 42 hrs ( normal is 56 hrs btw)
All together that leaves me with 9 hrs of what you could say is free time, but really it's just un-claimed time by any routine.

Those 9 hrs collectively become 36 hrs per month; in which I visit a museum/art or music show/park or go hiking at least once a month. paint and draw, write, do freelance jobs (at least one a month) and read at least one new books, and re-read a dozen other things (poetry, history, stories), get the paper work done for several things in life (insurance, grants, fafsa, tax, there's always something), do my sahej path, talk to my parents for at least an hour. host my garden parties, write this blog, hang out and keep in touch with almost all my friends in LA, have my me time to collect my thoughts and reflect, and get my car work done too when ever needed. And yes some of these things do get substituted but like I said, only if there is a good reason which for this month was Saanjh and Sikhlens. Or missing my Wed evening class for my Dilrubba evaluation with Raj Academy because something's are more important than even the seemingly very important things of present.

Honestly, to me that is both time well spent and a life well lived. I'm not the kind to chase dreams. I dream, I work towards them and let the chips fall where they may. Now, call it luck, blessing, result of hard work or just wishful thinking; but I seem to have always attained my dreams without much trouble and a lot of patience. To me really it's sort of a combination all of that and more.

We all have all the time in the world, we simply use it as we wish for things we want. Yes, we all have things we want to do but seem to not have time for, like a long vacation is on my list of those things. But it's not quite that I don't have time for it. It's more that I want to make time for that but it's not as important to me as the other thing that I have already assigned my time to. Not that I won't make time for it, just that it not a priority. Which is why I say I'm very busy (because I am) but I'll always have time for thing I want to do. Making time isn't very hard. We only think it is because while obsessing over time and chasing dreams, we seem to forget the concept of living. Dream all you want, but don't forget to live. Trust me, your dreams will find their way to you eventually. All it takes is a bit of faith and pinch of patience.

 

Comments

Popular Posts