If I could be a superhero...


I'm sure you all have at some Ice breaker or another had to answer the question 'If you could be a superhero who would you chose to be?' or a variation there of like 'If you could have any super power which one would you want?' etc, etc.

Well, I've been in many a Ice breakers and answered question of this variety more times than I can count. My answer though, has always remained the same. If I could be a superhuman, I would want to be a superhuman version of me. Which is generally followed by two major question :- 1. What do you mean? 2, Why? In no particular order really. Sometime they are actually simultaneous.

So here's a little insight into my head.

Why I would like to be a superhuman version of me is because I do not want to be anyone else. I love who I am. Yes of course, I'm not perfect or flawless. But I do know who I am and I am proud of who I am. I love myself. Flaws and all. Not that I don't consistently try to realize more about my own self and improve. But self love, is an incredibly important part of the process. And I would not give up being myself for anything in the world. Besides, anything worth that price wouldn't require that of me. So far, I only found one thing that would be worth that much, and it required the exact opposite of me. It requires me to be utterly myself.

And what do I mean by being a superhuman version of myself. Well just what it sounds like. I would like my abilities as they are transformed into superpowers. Like the garden I grow, growing at supper speed. Being able to cook for thousands of people in record time instead of hundreds of people in a few hours. Being able to be in all the places I am, a little faster so I can also be in other places I wanted to be but couldn't. Reading and writing and remembering abilities enhanced so I could touch more live, fight for more rights and create change in the world. Being able to create image I see in my head while I imagine them into animations and art instantaneously. You know, just enhance all abilities I have to supernatural levels.

Now why did I decide to share this whole thing with you? Because while it is wonderful to want to be some hero, have idols and people you want to become, never be afraid of being who you are. Never think who you are is not enough. Never think who you want to be and what you want to do is unattainable. Be yourself. Be the best version of who you are. You are enough. Don't ever let anyone put doubt into your heart and make you feel inferior. You belong in the world just as you are and the universe has an immense need for you to be you. Love yourself. You are allowed to. Trust me. 

Comments

Popular Posts