Contradicting things I tell myself

Tears. No one needs to know about them.
Tears. Don't ever hide them.

Laughter. What's so funny?
Laughter. You don't need a reason to laugh.

Family. You are bound by blood.
Family. I will always chose mine.

Feelings. Keep them to yourself.
Feelings. Every word is ever writ or spoke announces them.

Sorrow. Why are you in pieces; it's not your story.
Sorrow. It's ok, you can break down. There only ever was one soul anyway.

Hope. I don't think I've got any.
Hope. There's so much of it you could never run out.

Patience. I'm running out of it.
Patience. You've been practicing that since the point of consciousness.

Love. You can never give enough.
Love. It's always enough.

Happiness. It's a dreary world.
Happiness. It's found with in.

Courage. All I have are a few scraps.
Courage. It flows like the blood in your veins.

Fight. Can I even make a stand?
Fight. It's your purpose in life.

Silence. It's where I dwell.
Silence. Shatter it.

*Rakind. Full moon, you're meant to shed light in the darkness.
*Rakind. Moon has no light without the sun.

Sun. Is there one?
Sun. If everything is one, then isn't everything the sun.

There are many contradicting things, I tell myself.
Perhaps, contradiction is a state of being.

*Rakind is a word found in Gurmukhi language that means full moon. 

Comments

  1. Rakind : the full moon
    Love to read it. Contradiction is a path to explore more and more. Explore and give us more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts