Locked hearts can't open doors.

I'm told
I ought to go to Gurdwara
at least one a week.
Sometimes I do,
sometimes I don't,
And when I really need
my Guru's guidance,
I avoid the weekend galore.
You need Sangat,
you should have langar,
take some please we got abundant,
advices the Punjabi society.
your unfriendly concern is appreciated,
but I'm not a fly in your gossipy web
I'm a bird you can't even catch with a net
so don't you try and clip my wings.
I care not for
your four walled prisons,
where you've swindled
my Guru in warm comforters.
Those aren't Gurdwaras,
built on  power and greed,
created form disturbances
of the egotistic breed,
you claim to have
Guru, langar and sangat,
But what sangat is it
that talks of fashion and kitty parties?
What langar is it
where pangat exists' not?
What will Guru alone do,
when you hear him not?
With every breath I take,
my soul sings "Pavan guru "
every tear that drips
wishers "paani pita"
with every heartbeats
I'm reminded of "maata dhart mahat "
So forgive me
if I can not become
a slave in your prison with open doors,
four doors and a dome
don't make Gurdwaras
Gurdwaras are made of hearts and souls.
The simplicity of Bhai Lalo's kitchen
and the honesty of his household,
The unroyal misse parshade make langar
Not shahi paneer and dal makhni showing off
Sound of shabad, thoughts and discussions
trying to find truths that are hidden
that is the sangat I'm looking for
I'm Guru Nanaks daughter
I want take power hungry rooms for a Gurdawara
like he didn't take a bit of thread for virtue
"daiaa kapaah santokh soot jat gandhee sat vat. "
these line a seared in my head
and I shall yearn if I must
for Gurdwara built on trust
Until then I'll sit in my garden
under the starry skies
singing Sohala till I die.
-12/2/2016












Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank You. Just got tired of reading and hearing about fights inside Gurdwaras around the globe and the fact that that's resulted in Gurdwara's being created in miles from each others. I was at point of 'Have you lost all understanding of what Sikhi means?'

      Delete
  2. Very thoughtful n much needed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing words there Bhenji! Well worded :). Although the feeling you get when you go to see Guru Ji, is unparalleled; no matter what is going on around you. However, you're right that there is some change needed in some Gurduaras' "management".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts