Live-wire

Patience, understanding and compassion, as much as I may have, still runs out at times. Like everyone, I can only soak so much of someone's pain and dread at a particular time. What makes it harder is when the person keeps complaining and revolving in the despair instead of trying to pull themselves out, over and over and over and over again. At that point, as much support as I may want to give, with my own nerves on edge, after having been understanding for months, all I can do is take a step back. I can't solve anything for them. I can give hope but after that long a while, even hope starts to run out. And before one could even simply be there for someone, one needs to replenish ones' own self (emotionally speaking that is). Thankfully, all the soothing I need is to let out the emotions which easily spill into a poem. Now, of course writing is not a solution for everyone, and it may take a while to find one that works for you, but once you have, it's the biggest help. No one knows how to deal with you, better than yourself.

Live-wire

Sometimes I hate
being appropriate
When nerves are already frayed
 emotions are in a grate
and patience evaporates
but people still insist
on being stupidly great
there is what?
but sarcastic relief
that helps let go of grief
and even that is shot down
by the over sensitive breed
Then what can you do?
go hollow inside?
Or;
spread thin as it may already be
stretch your sense a bit more
keep breathing deeply
until you get out the door
for stupidity precedes
like an infectious disease
so don't you give in
'cause then you fit in
if you hold on
just a tad bit long
get out into the open air
and put yourself in natures' care
you'll keep your wits about
and be over the unfriendly bout.
-28 Jan 2016


Comments

Popular Posts