Change

Rachael has been one of my acquaintances for years now and we became better friends when I moved to North Hollywood side of town a few years ago. Although it just recently we've been able to spend time having conversations together, over one of my dinners. She a wonderful persons, definitely more loved than most by me. But she's one of the few people who is thought provoking in a natural way. I haven't ever told her that but guess now she'll know.
Why am I blogging about her? 

Well, because she has the above mentioned attribute that is much needed in world. She has a life story that is unquestionably interesting, but so do most people. Everyone has a beautiful story that needs to be told, although most of us just don't know, realize or want to admit it. But conclusion of most of these untold stories are similar where they desire change. But she is one of those people who when desired change, went for it and are trying their best to make it for better. Most people will tell you change should start from within but she did it. She is an inspiration without being one.
So if you ever meet someone like that, be inspired and know you are capable of the same thing because they are the living proof of it. 
I met a stranger, an american, on Vermont Gurdwara steps one day and she asked me "How do you preach about Sikhi?" and I told her what Gurbanni had taught me. The best way to preach anything is by living it. Sikhi is a way of life, you simply live it. The change you wish to see in the world, you live it and it'll happen.
I'm grateful of the universe to meet and know people from different walks of life with different beliefs being the change we need in today's society. If no-body has told you that yet, not that you need it anyway, but thank you, for being there for all of us. 

Comments

Popular Posts