Divisions


All of us seem to run in a bunch of different circles that know different bits of us. Work, school, collage, family, friends, parents, roommates, all hardly crossover and our actions differ according to our companions. I've always found that strange but what's stranger to me is that most of us want to keep those divisions in place.
Honestly I don't quite care for them and my actions only differ according to the matter of conversations. But even in my life those divisions exist and mostly not because of me. I'm the same no matter who I'm with. When I'm with anyone, depending on who it is, they don't get a version of me. I'm just me, all of me, all the time. 
My English teacher in senior year of high school had a quote in her classroom stating "How do you act when you our alone". It baffled me a bit. It was a strange thought that one would act differently around people as opposed to when they were alone. 
If you've ever met me, you know I write when the poem comes no matter who I'm with or where I am, paint/sketch when ever, where ever the inspiration strikes, don't change the way I am around anyone. 
Yes, different environments require different etiquette but, etiquette requires you to be yourself all the time.



Comments

Popular Posts