Voice

Photo Credit : Manpreet Singh
We all have had those moments
When our voice has gone unheard
not because someone didn't heed
but because we didn't speak
Why?
give me the reason
said our mind over and over again
re-thinking, questioning
Why?
Why did I not speak?
Because I knew not what to say
or had my confidence wavered?
Did I not articulate my thoughts quickly
or was it that I chocked?
Yes, there definitely was hesitation
Why? what was the reason?
Was I unsure of my self?
Was I afraid?
Did I not think it worthwhile?
Why did I not raise my voice?
Is it too late now?
In some matters it is.
Is there nothing to be done now?
are my rebellions just a waste?
A whirlwind of question,
a hazy mess is my head now,
Now what else could I do, but
look deep inside me,
where I knew I would eventually
find that clear concise answer
that could satisfy me.
And thus it came forward
simpler than I'd thought;
It wasn't a matter of confidence,
quick thinking or fear
It simply was the true rebellion,
surging through my veins,
the world snap judged you;
so be it.
Why should I do the same?
My life is it's own spokesman
it needs no defending.
yes, may be they thought they'd won it,
when the argument happened,
but the mark that's left is mine,
the word that's honoured is mine,
what an accomplishment it is
that my rebellions are turning into revolutions,
and all they had was a taunt,
After-all,
What's a momentary triumph, over an eternal victory.  

Comments

Popular Posts