Just one thing


Have you ever wondered what that one thing would be, that you grab and run, in case of fire, earthquake, any natural disaster? If there was just one thing you could grab. 
Now, I believe this scenario has been put in front of most of us at time by curious people and you may or may not have given an answer. I never did. In such case I simply always thought getting everyone to safe house would be the priority, which it still would be.. But living alone we discover things about ourselves that we never before had.
A few days ago, I was sitting alone watching something on TV in my living room, when this advert about a movie came. I don't remember the name, pretty sure if I googled it I could tell you but that's not important. the movie is about a big earthquake that's coming and it made me think of would I grab anything if a big earthquake really hit Noho. And before I could even deliberate about it, my head turned to my china cabinet and my gaze was fixed on my teapot set in the pic. Not the only tea pot I have, rationally not even the most important thing I own. But personally, emotionally it really is. 
It is link to my history, my family, and to be completely honest almost entire Sikh history as well as history of India. When I serve myself tea through that tea pot, I don't just have tea, I have tea with centuries of struggle, endurance, bravery, that so many have lived through with dignity. It's my personal symbol to why I walk with my head held high. Why I can soar above the sky without ever losing my ground. It is the symbol of what has made me, Me. 

Comments

Popular Posts