Dreams : insight into one's subconscious

We all have a variety of dreams. Some of us don't dream all that much and some, like me, have dreams by the dozen. It is said that dreams come from one's thoughts, daily life and subconscious desires. It's also said that there in a collective psyche of the universe that we tap into, or taps into us, through our dreams. Now, I haven't extensively done any research on the matter of where dreams come form, what the mean, how to decipher them and all that. But what I do know is how my own dreams work.
The dreamy haze, an emotional maze. 
Mostly, I've always have had happy dreams. If the dreams are a portal to secrets locked inside of us, well then, there aren't any secrets inside me. My subconscious and conscious seem to be working on the same wave-length for the most part. Sometimes, my conscious wishes to have excepted some matter but my subconscious is a bit behind, or vice-versa. But in end they seem to catch up pretty quick. Honestly, I haven't a clue as to how that has to do with my own efforts, but I leave it all to nature, and for me, that seems to work.
My happy dreams are pretty straight forward and simple. There are two kinds, I generally dream each almost every night. One that basically form a schedule for me, as to what I've got to do the next day. No matter how busy I get, I don't have to keep a day planner, and these dreams of mine are the reason. It's all as well that this kind of dream is generally the last dream before I wake up. The other kind is, me running about in a garden, or on hills, or parks, basically in midst of nature singing and writing poetry. As a child I lost a few wonderful poems I wrote in my dream because, I'd wake up and sit up suddenly, and one of my parent's happened to be checking up if on us and ask "everything okay?'. Not that they could've know my reason, but there's this beautiful Doha, only Doha I ever wrote on Gur Nanak, that I still morn the loss of.
And then their are weird dreams that I have when there's something I'm annoyed about, or a problem I'm trying to find a solution to, or when I've been to invested in a book or movie. My brain in some strange dream seems to either provide a solution or write a story depending on what my head was full of the day before.
As far as nightmare I've only had one. The element of which wasn't fear at all, just sorrow of a great big loss. I'd woken up crying and couldn't shake it off until the morning came and I called my dad to talk to him; for I dreamt he'd passed away.
The binding element in all my dreams, that makes me say that I've got no secrets, is simply that I act and do the same things that I would in life in such situation. Me twirling about in garden, humming around, is no uncommon sight for anyone who knows me. My day's are so like my dreams that I get deja-vu countless times a week. And even the weird one's, that I'm looking for solutions in, are similar to solutions I've came up with in past. My conclusion is my subconscious and conscious are rather well connected, but since I've never studied the relation of anyone else conscious and subconscious, I got know clue if that's common or uncommon.
At any rate, it makes me feel content for it gives me confidence in my own self awareness. Hope, your dreams bring you happiness and contentment most of the time as well.

Comments

Popular Posts