I cannot Act

Today was the hearing and our last chance to stop SoCal Gas from destroying Porter Ranch completely and starting operations in the still unsecure facility again. If you aren't upto date on the issue please visit saveporterranch.org

The hearing was frustrating to say the least. Frustrating enough that while listening to the judge play chicken, this poem came to be.

I don't have power
I cannot act.

I know it's a vital issue
I know why it matters
I know why you're asking
I understand.
But, I have no jurisdiction
I cannot act.

Yes, the fault line stands there
Yes, the wells may blow
Yes, the first responders aren't ready
Look, I understand.
But, I have no power,
I cannot act.

Your honour, You aren't listening
You have the power,
You have the jurisdiction
You have the authority
And you can act.
You should act!
We need you to act!
Because thousands of lives
are literally on line
and if all authorities
simply was off their hands
I ask you sincerely,
who will act?!


Is life of your community
really just legality
that can be side lined
with loopholes you do find
so you don't have to assume responsibility?!

It's not an unreasonable demand
what we ask in legally sound
and you are morally bound
to save the lives if you can
Cpuc clearly doesn't care
to save live or uphold the law
and if the law needs to change
here's your chance - change it!

Don't look us in the face
and tell us Your grace
that you have no power
and you cannot act!






Comments

Popular Posts