Staying still

It's July 1st and with it ends and begins my poetry sharing shenanigans. For the month of June, I shared a poem a day from a poet I admire, a poem I love. If you didn't see it, it's because I did so on my Facebook page. In doing so, I read something around 300 poems in the past month. And it inspired me to challenge  myself to write a poem on daily basis and holding myself responsible of sharing the said poem with you all. I don't quite know where this will lead, but it sure will be interesting.

Here's the first poem from this journey.

One has to close their eyes
to see beyond sight
shut their ears
to hear words unspoken
refrain touching anything
to feel everything
One has to hold their breath
to taste the scent of the world
and not move their lips
to convey what's important
it takes being still
to feel the movement of Universe
and surrendering one's soul
to realize you had the control all along.

P.S. - Not every poem will come with a doodle. And stay tuned to see if you wish to read more poems or just want to see if I can actually write one a day or not.
 

Comments

Popular Posts