Chatting

Friendships are not forged...
It is a fact
I don't generally chat
IM or text
I write letters
paint pictures
and address people

Now someone has questioned
my friendship capabilities
and said
you don't chat,
what? you don't want friends?

what you've just called insincerity
By the things you say...
It is nothing but your insecurity
chatting is not required
to make friends
I don't even chat with, for the most part
my closest and best friends

And yet we'd walk through
hell for each other
I value things
people can't see
so the friends I have,
they are there for life
I require nothing of them,
but the conversations you had...
they require nothing of me

'Cause even if we don't meet for years
when we do, it seems time stood still
for it seems like yesterday
when we were together.

Chatting to me,
is annoying, irritating,
and requires effort
that seems pointless.
without words.
not that it isn't useful
or brings the world together,

but it's also created the world
that is fearfully fake
Virtual reality isn't real
And I and care not to partake
that is all there is to it
And ever will be for me
Not condemning chatting,
simply saying, it isn't for me.


Comments

Popular Posts