Dedicated to my father


It's no secret that my dad's one of my favorite persons in life. He's inspired me, taught me, loved me, and most of all, he raised me, to be me. Never did I ever hear him say be like this or that. He told stories, gave books, taught me history and the principles and morals of life and Sikhi, in hope I'll live by them, but never once did he say, don't ask questions, and not once did he say to follow any. He helped me make every choice of life, with my mom and sister alongside but not once did any of them, made that choice for me. I've got not a single memory of any such occurrence since I was 3, and I have a very good memory. I've shared the stories from my childhood, the fun me and mum had. This is about the fun, I had because of my darji. And darji is what I call my dad. 


संस्कार

सिफर तक से सिखर की
दास्ताँ सुनती हूँ
जो माँ-बाप ने कमया
वो धन लुटती हूँ

पैसे की नहीं
ये प्रेम की बात है
है इज़त उनकी इतनी
ध्यान की बात है

चोट लग जाये जो कभी
दस लोग दौड़े चले आते थे
की ये उनकी बेटी है

पैदल चले जो कहीं
आटो-रिक्शा वाले
मुफत मंज़ल छोड़ अत्ते थे
की ये उनकी बेटी है

बैठे इंतज़ार में लम्बे
Our fate is same, so say the line on our hands
भूख लगी, मुह से निकल जाये जो कहीं
हलवाई जलेभी पकोड़े लाते  थे
की ये उनकी बेटी है

चवनि तक न राखी जेब में
सारा शेर घूम आते थे
की ये उनकी बेटी है

असा नहीं है लेकीन
नाजाईज़ फायदा लिया नादानी में
लोग बेटी बुलाते थे
पेयर से सहलाते थे

कुछ ने दिल से तो
दी इज़त कुछ ने ज़ुबान से
और हमने हो कर अलबेले
रूह से प्यार अर सन्मान दिया सबको
की ये, उनकी बेटी है!

Comments

Popular Posts