What if...

What if
I could dream
What if
I could wish
What if
I could live
The way I want to live.

What if
I could decide
What if
I could desire
What if
I could do
what I really want.

What if
that's the key
What if
that'll set me free
What if
That is all I need
to be happy.

What if...
so many of us
have built our lives
wondering what if...

In the end
it leads one to:
What if
I didn't wonder
but did.

What if's
are so easy
to get caught up in
it's like a political dream
a web of false hope
requiring nothing at all

It fuels itself
and dies one its own
forgotten with time
For it was a promise
never promised.

For once,
defy what society
taught you as a child
revert to you babyhood
when you didn't wonder,
what if
I crawled
what if
I ate that
what if
I talked, or walked
or cried, or laughed.
You simply did.


Comments

Popular Posts