Have to

I do not understand
I cannot comprehend
Why do people think
one has to do anything
I don't have to work
I don't have to study
I don't have to be a part of society
I don't have to be successful
I don't even have to
breath, eat or live
I know of not
a single thing
That I have to do
I do everything
because I want to
a wish, a desire
it's feeling,
sometimes an instinct
'I have to'
is nothing but an excuse
that the collective
arrogance, ignorance, fear
and procrastination
of society
so eloquently provided
and turned an artistic creativity
the innovation called language
into one of those seamless prisons
that we all feel bound with
the moment we are born
and yet a few
that see what others don't
spend our entire life
explaining the boundlessness
of freedom
that somehow, most of us
can't comprehend.

Comments

Popular Posts